1. Outerwear - Nothing cooler than a vintage leather jacket, or a denim one covered in old band patches. My favorite military jacket was purchased second hand years ago, and I still wear that thing every summer. Outerwear has history, and often times the best stories to go along with it. Plus, they're made to be durable, and it can be easier to find these pieces still in great shape even though they are used.
TGIF! The weekend is here. I hope you all have plans to spend some time with your old man this weekend. And whether its going for a round of golf, having a cold one, or just doing #DadStuff - you'd better show up with a gift in hand. Still struggling to find something good? Presenting our seriously last-minute gift guide. And get this - each rings in at 30 bucks or less!
1. Gap's Classic Polo - because what is more "Dad" than a polo shirt? Lucky for him, this one from Gap is new & improved, with a trimmer, more modern fit.
2. Wurkin Stiffs Magnetic Collar Stays - for when Dad goes back to work Monday and trades his polo for a suit & tie. These are a great combo of form and function. Besides, dads love gadgets right?
3. Timex Woven Band Watch - another great, inexpensive (and possibly much-needed) style upgrade for dad. Do we see a theme here??
4. Birchbox Men's Box - OK, so this one is technically $60 because you buy a 3-month package to start, but at only 20 bucks a month for deluxe grooming samples delivered right to his door, it takes the guesswork out of skincare for him.
5. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - and classic, all-American craft brew. Perfect for some fun in the sun, or just hangin' out at home. A great all-the-time beer.
So there you have it! Happy Father's Day weekend, all. Get out there and have some fun with dad! X
Happy Monday, everyone! This week, in honor of Memorial Day Weekend (and the beginning of the summer season) we will be sharing with you our Summer Kickoff Series. Everything is about to get summery up in here.
Starting with a shopping guide to get you into the season in style, I'm sharing with you the best new shorts to beat the heat. I have a personal vendetta against the tight knee-length cuffed denim shorts that everyone and their brother have been wearing the last few years, and I think it's time for a change. The new silhouette is cooler, easier, more relaxed - and frankly, a lot more comfortable in the heat, too. Check out my picks below.